Nov 8, 2012

iDiva: Katrina Kaif Working with the Khans isnt My Goal

iDiva
Katrina Kaif Working with the Khans isnt My Goal
Nov 9th 2012, 00:00

 


Image courtesy: Prasad Naik

You’re constantly topping the charts for the sexiest woman in the world…
Such titles shouldn’t be taken seriously. They are transitory. Right now, it feels good but if it weren’t there tomorrow, I wouldn’t break my heart over it.

Do you consider yourself the sexiest woman on the planet?
I do not consider myself anything like that! In fact, every day when I wake up, I look at myself in the mirror and thank God that people like me, despite my flaws. ‘Sexy’ is being mysterious not vulgar. It is sensual not raunchy. It is an enigma, an aura that makes people want to reach out to you. But they’re afraid to because they don’t know what to expect.

Do you miss your family in London?
We shot in London for two whole months this year for Jab Tak Hain Jaan. So I actually spent more time with my sisters this year than in the past few years.

How hard was it to work with an ex-boyfriend (Salman Khan, Ek Tha Tiger)?
Salman is an extremely professional actor and a nice human being. It has always been a pleasure working with him. Ek Tha Tiger was no exception. 

Some tabloid reports stated that Salman misbehaved with you on the sets of ETT. Is that true?

As I said earlier, Salman is extremely professional and a really nice human being. Everyone has to do something to sell their wares and tabloids love to sell theirs by sometimes cooking up stories that never happened.

Do you believe Salman should settle down? What kind of a girl would you recommend for him?
Salman is an adult. I’m sure he’s capable of taking his own decisions without my vishesh tippanis.

Actresses dream of working with at least one Khan. But you’re working with the top three Khans...
It’s pure coincidence. It isn’t my goal for the year. And it’s not even that I went out looking to do the three films — Ek Tha Tiger with Salman, Dhoom 3 with Aamir and Jab Tak Hain Jaan with Shah Rukh. It is just my good fortune that the filmmakers and actors believed I’d fit in their respective films.

Is it important for an actress in Bollywood to work with the three Khans to be at the top?

That question is an insult to actors like Akshay Kumar, Ajay Devgn, Hrithik Roshan and others. It feels good to be part of the projects that I’m doing but that’s about it.

Do you consider yourself the No. 1 heroine?
I have never been affected by numbers. I have some phenomenally talented and successful peers and there are also some fresh faces who are catching up. I believe in doing as much as I can and only pray that when I sense my time is up, I have it in me to gracefully make way for others.

Would you like to ask critics, who constantly pan your Hindi and acting skills, to ‘shut-up’?
I don’t think I have ever told anyone to shut up. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The critics who are unhappy with me may continue to be so. I will do what I have to, to the best of my abilities and hope that the audiences continue to accept me and encourage me to work harder.

There are reports that your sister Isabelle is being launched by Sajid Nadiadwala.
Isabelle is still in the USA, studying and learning the ropes of filmmaking and has no immediate plans to start a career here.

Would you take credit for foreign beauties like Nargis Fakhri and Amy Jackson making their foray in B-town? What tips would you like to give them?
No, I cannot take credit for this. My advice to anyone new in the industry would be to keep your head on your shoulders, work well and embrace this industry because it’s truly a nice place to be in.  

Do you believe Chikni Chameli helped make Agneepath a hit?
That question should be directed to Karan Johar, the producer of the film. I remember the first look of the film was out much before I shot Chikni Chameli. There was so much interest in the film from then itself. So I’m not entirely sure if the song did much beyond contributing in a small way to the film. 

People say that you overshadowed Priyanka Chopra in Agneepath...

I had a four-minute song in a film in which she was the heroine. My character wasn’t part of the story. It just came and went. Priyanka’s role defined the hero’s character. She did a fabulous job of being the strength behind Hrithik’s portrayal of Vijay. There cannot be any comparison between the two. This is the kind of comment that honestly makes me want to tell people to shut up!

You were planning to turn producer...
I am content with what I am doing right now and am not really ready to step into any other shoes. When that day comes, I will make an announcement for sure.

Media files:
cover_600x450.jpg
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

Blog Archive