Nov 16, 2012

iDiva: Robert Pattinson Im Quite Unlike Edward Cullen

iDiva
Robert Pattinson Im Quite Unlike Edward Cullen
Nov 16th 2012, 16:36


Image courtesy: Reuters

The hugely successful Twilight movies have made actor Robert Pattinson a global phenomenon right from his character Edward Cullen to his real-life romance with co-star Kristen Stewart. Whether you hate or love Twilight, you have to admit that Robert Pattinson is indeed handsome and kind of infuses life into those movies. The British heartthrob talks about the movie series that has made him a superstar, his co-stars, and lots more.

How did you feel shooting the final installment of Twilight? What do you take back from it?
Oh wow! Where do I start? (laughs). The Twilight Saga for me has been a career altering experience. I was nothing before these films. I had done a string of odd roles and
modelling assignments. Then came my big break with Twilight. So I guess, it’s going to remain with me forever as a film that put me on the map. Shooting Breaking Dawn
was surreal (pun intended). It was very emotional for all of us because we had been together for so many years and it was sad knowing that we wouldn’t be coming back
to the set after this.

Any memorable moments from the sets?
The very last moments of the movie I was in St. Thomas at the Caribbean on the beach. That was incredible! But also kind of horrible because it was freezing cold after two weeks of night shoot and everybody was tired. It still doesn’t feel like the last one. It’s like a part of me now.

You have a huge fan following here in India, so any plans of coming here?
I’m a big fan of Indian culture and movies too! And I hope I get the opportunity and time to visit this fascinating country soon!

What do you do in your spare time?
Apart from being an actor, I’m also a singer and songwriter. I play the piano as well. In fact, I’ve played the piano in one of the Twilight scenes and composed music for it too.

Besides Kristen Stewart, which cast members do you get along with?
I get along with all of them. Like I said earlier, we have spent so much time together that we are almost like family. They're just really funny people and so I just got on with them. It wasn't really acting. Taylor and myself get along great! Peter [Facinelli] is one of the funniest people I've ever met. There is a line where Rosalie breaks the bowl and Peter says, 'Oh, Rosalie always busted my bowls.' It got cut out. That was literally my favourite line in the whole movie.

What are the similarities you share with Edward Cullen as a person?
I’m quite unlike Edward Cullen. Initially when we started filming, I’ve had disagreements with Twilight author Stephenie Meyer over Edward, and I would engage in intense conversations with Kristen over the relationship between Edward and Bella, and even would stop in the middle of scenes to question director Catherine Hardwicke over exactly how a line should be delivered. Edward is a manic depressive character and I’m not like that at all. The only thing I have in common with him is that I drive like a maniac too!

What is the sweetest compliment you have received for Twilight or as an actor? And what is the worst criticism?
The best compliment for me was the fact that I was so well received as Edward by fans. Edward Cullen was already a cult character, who fans (especially women) doted on. And those were pretty big shoes to fill. But the support and appreciation I’ve received from fans and colleagues alike was great! The one feedback that I got which isn’t exactly criticism was that I should be more ‘broody’.

Are you familiar with Indian cinema and actors?
I have heard a lot about Indian cinema and the famous Bollywood actors. I had worked with Mira Nair on Vanity Fair and she used to fill me in on the Hindi film industry.

What are your wedding plans now that you are back with Kristen Stewart?
No comments.

What do you want to do next, after Twilight?
Still keep working! I have a couple of films lined up for shooting and release, so I’m very excited about those.

What are your dreams and hopes as an actor?
I don’t have any set idea about it. When I like something, I’m always shocked that I like it. My dreams are quite off from what really happens to me in reality. So I don’t really nurture any specific hopes about it.

What does Twilight mean to you?
It is a huge chunk of my life. Now when I look back I feel I am no more young. With each installment, each one of us has grown up so much personally and as actors both.

What is the toughest and the easiest part about shooting the Twilight movies?
My fondest memories of the series still emanate from the first installment. But they weren’t all warm and fuzzy. I remember the fights, seeing it transition into the  franchise. I remember towards the end of the shoot, when the studio kind of realised, ‘Oh, we’ve got something bigger than we thought on our hands,’ and suddenly there were all these news crews on the set. And we all got so furious about all these people coming around. All those little fights. By the end of it, there was about 10,000 paparazzi every single time you did an exterior.

Who are the actors and directors you want to work with?
I’ve been a huge fan of Jack Nicholson since I can remember. It would be a dream come true to work with him.

Tell us something about Robert Pattinson as a person?
There is nothing special to point out. I’m a pretty regular guy. I have my moments when I feel overwhelmed by all the attention and scrutiny, which lately has been a lot. But left alone I’m no different than your average guy.

Breaking Dawn Part 2 releases on November 23 in India.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

Blog Archive