Oct 24, 2012

Total Film News: Sam Mendes admits that he's unlikely to direct another Bond

Total Film News
Total Film movie news, for the latest in film news.
Sam Mendes admits that he's unlikely to direct another Bond
Oct 24th 2012, 09:21

Sam Mendes’ rejuvenation of the Bond franchise has been well-documented, with Skyfall garnering rave reviews ahead of its release on Friday, but despite all that, the director has said it’s unlikely he’ll return for round two. The British director was a popular choice to steer the series back onto the straight and narrow after the muddled diversion that was Quantum Of Solace, but says that the process was a draining one. “It’s been a fantastic experience, but it’s been completely exhausting,” Mendes told Metro. “Do I want to do another one? I’m a shadow of my former self! No, I don’t know. I felt like everything I wanted to with a Bond movie, I put into this film. “I would have to be convinced that I could do something that I loved and cared about as much if I was to do it again,” he continues. “I think the great risk of repeating oneself is that one doesn’t have the great store of ideas that you have when you first tackle a project.” Not a definite “no” then, which is something. Co-starring Daniel Craig, Judi Dench and Javier Bardem, Skyfall opens in UK cinemas on Friday.

Read our official Skyfall review.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

Blog Archive